We recommend this article for IT members of schools or districts.
Periodically check cables status. If the cables seems to have broken wires or crushing, replace immediately with a new one. Never use the lifting tower with cables in bad conditions.
To do any maintenance on your Möbil, please use the disassembly instructions from the user manual.
To keep the projector running smoothly, we strongly suggest that you follow Epson’s recommended maintenance schedule, which includes cleaning the projector filter and replacing the lamp when needed. You should clean the projector filter when:
- You notice that dust has collected on the filter or air vent;
- You see a message saying to clean the filter;
- The projector light is flashing orange.
How to clean the filter
1. Turn off the projector and wait for the beep before unplugging it.
2. Using the 3 mm hex screwdriver supplied with the unit, remove the six screws from the back panel of the case.
3. Unplug the HDMI and Power cords from the projector.
4. Using the 3 mm hex screwdriver supplied with the unit, remove the ten screws from the top of the case.
5. Once you have removed the screws, use the handles to lift the lid and place it gently on a flat surface.
6. Slide the latch on the filter and open the lid upwards.
7. Pull the air filter out of the projector.
8. Tap each side of the air filter four to five times to shake off any excess dust. Do this outside the room or away from the projector.
Warning: Do not use excessive force when tapping the air filter, or it may crack and become unusable. Do not rinse the air filter in water, or use any detergent or solvent to clean it. Do not use compressed air; the gases may leave a residue, or push dust and debris into the projector’s optics or other sensitive areas.
9. Vacuum the front of the air filter (the side with the tabs) to remove any remaining dust. Note: If dust is difficult to remove or the air filter is damaged, replace the air filter.
10. Place the air filter back in the projector as shown and push gently until it clicks into place.
11. Close the air filter cover.
To do the maintenance of your camera, use a can of compressed air to clean it through the ventilation slots.
Use a microfiber cloth to clean the front of the camera.
How to clean the computer
1. For a quick cleaning, use a can of compressed air and spray the air through the computer’s ventilation slots.
2. For a more thorough cleaning, unplug the cables from the computer, then unscrew the two screws under the main module while supporting the computer. If you're qualified you can open the computer up for a thorough cleaning of the fan. It is recommended that you go to the bottom of the case to remove all the dust.
3. Put the computer back in place, screw the screws under the main module.
4. Put the projector back into the case.
5. Plug the HDMI and power cords back in.
6. Reinsert the screws for both panels.